The UNA-Houston, one of the oldest chapters in the nation dating back to 1955, continues to be at the forefront of advancing the goals and mission of the United Nations. The chapter has incorporated the
theme: “Think Globally. Act Locally” into all of its programs.
Our programs include:
Global Classrooms-Model United Nations
UNA Film Festival (UNAFF)
Know Your UN Lecture Series
Cultural Dinners Series
Young Professionals (YP)
Wines Around the World Humanitarian Program
UNA International Choir
UN Day Gala
Houston Citizenship Month
Dialogues with Diplomats Program
Speakers’ Bureau and Workshops
GenUN Youth Programs
Nothing But Nets Program
Shot@Life Vaccination program
Members of UNA-USA encourage the U.S. to develop and support bilateral and multilateral policies that reinforce U.S. leadership in international affairs and support the United Nations as a vital institution in fostering peace and security. The Advocacy Agenda is set by the Steering Committee of the Council of Chapters and Regions.Our Core Focus Areas of Advocacy :
- UN Funding :Payment of our nation's UN regular budget and peacekeeping dues.
- International Treaties/Conventions: Ratification of UN agreements
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs): Encourage U.S. support for 2000-2015 and by all member states
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) : Encourage U.S. support for 2015-2030 and by all member states
- Human Rights: Increase awareness about the UN Human Rights Council and specialized agencies
For more information on programs, email to email@example.com.
Programs. Projects. Advocacy.